Working at Roddenbery Memorial Library: We are a group of people who care deeply about this very special community library.
Roddenbery Memorial Library is searching for one dynamic Library Guide. Salary: $9 per hr/24 hrs per week. You will be given responsibility for a variety of duties within the library while assisting library visitors and other members of the RML team. Primary responsibilities include all areas of circulation (PINES), providing assistance with electronic resources, faxing/copying/scanning, reserving meeting rooms and shelving materials. Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply; two years of college preferred.
We are here to encourage the joy of reading and ignite the passion for learning. Roddenbery Memorial Library guides are active participants in our mission to open doors for curious minds; to share the discovery of new ideas and opportunities.
Are you passionate about helping people and improving the lives of all people in Grady County and beyond? Are you enthusiastic and curious about the world around you? Do you look forward to frequent change and new opportunities? Do you strive for constant improvement? Are you ready to be a part of the RML team?
Do you have what it takes to be a part of the RML team? If so, please submit an application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The RML application is available at rmlibrary.org. Position is open until filled.
- Help patrons locate print and non-print resources.
- Check books in and out using computer system.
- Maintain records of overdue materials.
- Process fines and accept payments.
- Perform typing and keyboarding duties.
- Train visitors to use online catalog.
- Check out equipment.
- Provide assistance with multimedia use.
- Administer library programs.
- Handle interlibrary loan requests.
- Register new patrons and issue library cards.
- Answer questions and refer patrons to librarian.
Volunteers are always needed.
Please call if you have a few hours a week to spare to help your community library thrive.